As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
- Perform appropriate medical evaluations of suspected abuse cases.
- Obtain an appropriate history in suspected child abuse cases.
- Communicate effectively with investigative services.
- Document abuse accurately in the medical record.
- Apply recent clinical advances to cases of suspected child abuse.
The Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH.com) is an online CME site offering AMA/PRA Category 1 credits for physicians and other health care providers. VLH.com is owned/operated by The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson and offers courses that fulfill many state-mandated CME requirements, such as safe opioid prescribing, pain management, medical ethics, professionalism, risk management, medical errors prevention, patient safety, professional responsibility, cultural competency, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS), infection control, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, sexual assault, palliative medicine, and end-of-life care.