As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
- Screen patients for intimate partner violence (IPV) and appropriately respond to disclosures of abuse.
- Recognize patterns of abuse and properly document IPV.
- Assess the safety of IPV victims.
- Report and refer IPV victims to appropriate community agencies.
- Recognize and support patients’ readiness to change their violent situation.
The Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH.com) is an online CME site offering AMA/PRA Category 1 credits for physicians and other health care providers. VLH.com is owned/operated by The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson and offers courses that fulfill many state-mandated CME requirements, such as safe opioid prescribing, pain management, medical ethics, professionalism, risk management, medical errors prevention, patient safety, professional responsibility, cultural competency, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS), infection control, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, sexual assault, palliative medicine, and end-of-life care.