HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and is a U.S. federal law enacted in 1996 as an attempt at incremental healthcare reform. It was subsequently revised in 2009 with the ARRA/HITECH Act and again in 2013 with the Omnibus Rule.
HIPAA’s intent was to reform the healthcare industry by reducing costs, simplifying administrative processes and burdens, and improving the privacy and security of patients’ health information. Today HIPAA compliance mainly revolves around the last item: protecting the privacy and security of patients’ health information.
HIPAATraining.com has been in the HIPAA compliance space for over 16+ years and offers a full range of HIPAA compliance products from training and certification for an individual to full HIPAA compliance for organizations. We specialize in helping individuals and small to midsize organizations get HIPAA compliant in the most affordable, fastest, and easiest way possible.
Who Needs to Comply with HIPAA?
Any organization or person who works in or with the healthcare industry or who has access to protected health information.
- Healthcare Providers
- Employer Group Health Plans
- Health Insurance Companies
- Healthcare Clearing Houses
- Business Associates (anyone who works with any of the 4 above)
Connect with Your Member Concierge Today!
As a member of FutureMed LA, you have exclusive access to a dedicated Member Concierge, who is available to assist at any time with the following:
- Register for the Convention
- Discuss your immediate practice needs and match you with the appropriate Vendor Partner
- Ensure you receive the best in service and pricing, exclusive to FutureMed LA
- Personally schedule you with any of our Vendor Partners, and stay involved to make sure you have the best experience possible!
Use the form on the right to schedule with your Member Concierge today!